Resources and Recommendations
It is strongly recommended that CCN students have a laptop.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer, Download
- Mozilla Firefox, Download
- Safari, Download
- Google Chrome, Download
- Respondus LockDown Browser, Download
- Java, Download
- Flash, Download
- UA software including Antivirus, Antispyware and Skype, Download
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4, Download, PC only
Links to important sites:
- Students will be required to register their computers and other wireless devices in order to use the UA Wired and UA Wireless network. To register, launch your browser and log in with your myBama account username and password. The registration will need to be renewed occasionally. For more information go to http://oit.ua.edu/oit/services/it-service-desk/using-the-ua-wireless-network/.
- Connecting power and network in the classrooms.
Checking out laptops:
- A limited number of laptops are available for student checkout for assessments and must be returned immediately after completion of the assessment.
- A valid UA ID card is required.
- Go to Room 2028 for more information.
Follow the links below to install the Uniprint client for your laptop.
Orientation for Upper Division Students Document