Taking a HESI iNet Exam in the CCN Classrooms
Students should follow these steps before taking a Hesi iNet Exam in the CCN classrooms:
- Reboot your computer. This will free up as many resources as possible for the exam software.
- Close any programs that may start automatically upon boot. You should not have any other programs running during the test besides that necessary to take the exam.
- Attach your ethernet cable, power cable and your headphones or earbuds.
- Turn off wireless via hardware switch or software.
- Launch Internet Explorer (Safari for Mac users) to confirm that you are in fact online (if you see the UA Network Registration page, click here).
- Click here to test your audio and set your volume.
- Launch Internet Explorer (Safari for Mac users) and go to http://www.hesiinet.com.
- Under Compatibility Check for Labs, click the “click here” link which will test your system to see if it is compatible with the HESI testing system. You should see a message (shown below) prompting you to install the Reach Browser plug in. Please click Install. After installing the browser plug-in, you will receive a congratulations message that your computer is now ready for Reach iNet testing. Exit the Reach Browser.
- On the HESI iNet page under Student Login, click “Take My Exam” to begin.
Adobe Flash Required
To prepare for the multimedia questions in the exam, we must also make sure that you have the latest Adobe Flash Player.
- Launch Internet Explorer (Safari for Mac users).
- Click here to display the version of Flash Player installed on your laptop, http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html or https://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
- If you have less than version 9 please update here,
- We suggest unchecking the box next to “Yes, Install McAfee Security ScanPlus…”
If you see the UA Network Registration Page:
- Enter your MyBama username and password and click “Submit”
- You may see a message saying this is a duplicate registration – you must still complete it to get online – click “Continue”
- Click “Submit” or “Continue” until you see the page that tells you registration will take effect after a minute and that you will need to restart your computer
- Restart your computer (go to the start menu and select restart, do not just press the power button as this may put it into hibernation which will not complete the registration)
- Restart your Mac completely, be sure it doesn’t simply sleep or hibernate
After restarting your computer, you should be able to get online. Launch Internet Explorer (Safari for Mac users) and go to http://www.hesiinet.com.