Summer 2017 Internship Information
- Who is eligible: Students with a current UA GPA of 3.0 from Fall semester 2016, and currently enrolled in Semester III or IV.
- Who should not apply: Students who have commitments that limit their participation in the full eight weeks of the internship including weekends (e.g.: vacations, participation in weddings, or participation in other courses that cause scheduling conflicts).
- Dates: Summer term dates: May 30th – August 2nd. Classes for Fall 2017 start: August 23rd
- Days of the week: Variable by internship location. Can include Monday – Sunday. The schedule should be available after May 1st.
- Locations: Tuscaloosa and Birmingham hospitals.
- Internship job description: Work in acute care setting under the supervision of faculty and clinical agency nursing staff. You will gain additional clinical experience in all aspects of nursing care.
- Cost: You must be registered as either an academic student for credit or co-op credit hours.
- Co-op cost: Not available yet. In the past, the cost has been $264.00 total (You will register for PNU 317. This will give you 12 hours of co-op credit.) Grade is recorded as Pass/Fail.
- Academic Credit: Standard summer tuition rates are applied. These are subject to change. Students must check for updates with UA website. Students have the option of applying for Academic credit for NUR 312 for 1, 2, or 3 hours. This option requires additional course work and letter grades are obtained according to set criteria.
- Fees: Additional nursing college fees per undergraduate hour are applied.
- Paid Positions: 36 clock hours per week as nursing student intern at $12.00 per hour.
- Unpaid Positions: 24 clock hours per week as nursing student intern without compensation.
- Regardless if students are offered Paid or Unpaid positions, all student interns MUST register for the summer internship class (Either PNU 317 or NUR 312).
- Transportation to and from Birmingham: Sometimes, the internship provides a state vehicle and gas for students who commute to Birmingham.
Applications will be available on the web until March 3, 2017 @ 4:45 pm CDT
To apply, click here for the online application. (MyBama login required)
Additional questions? Contact Sandra Estes at email@example.com