Association of Nursing Students - Officers
Membership in our local chapter automatically makes you a member of the state organization and national organization.
Please see the Alabama Association of Nursing Students (AANS) http://www.alabamanursingstudent.com, or National Student Nurses Association (NSNA) http://www.nsna.org/, websites for more about those organizations.
- Membership dues are $40
- 1st year dues are $30
- If you have any questions about membership please feel free to e-mail any of the officers.
Active members are rewarded by many benefits including two types of individual awards. Active members who hold elected office for at least a year are eligible for consideration in the selection of our annual Capstone Professional Development Award. All active members receive Honor Cords in the Spring of their senior year. The blue and white Honors Cords are worn with the academic cap and gown at graduation.
The criteria for active membership in Capstone ANS are:
- Paid membership for more than one year.
- Attendance at local meetings at least once during nursing school career.
- Participation in at least one local Capstone ANS project, or one State (AANS) project.
- AANS State Convention attendance, or National (NSNA) project, workshop, or convention attendance.