Board of Visitors
The Capstone College of Nursing Board of Visitors, established in 1998, is comprised of a diverse group of leaders who provide expertise, advice and resources to enhance the quality of nursing education within the College. The purpose of the CCN Board of Visitors is to affect a close working relationship between leaders in nursing and health care and the faculty and students in the Capstone College of Nursing and to influence development and advancement activities for the College.
Specific objectives of the Board are to:
1. Advise the College on long-range planning.
2. Function as an advocacy group for the University and the College.
3. Study needs and opportunities for private funding for the College.
4. Assist the College in securing financial resources.
5. Assist in the recruitment of outstanding students to the College.
6. Serve on various advisory communities established by the Board at the request of the Dean of the College to provide advice on specific programs, needs, and issues.
In 2001, the Board established the first Alabama Nursing Hall of Fame to honor nurses and others who have promoted the nursing profession in the State of Alabama.
The College applauds members of our Board of Visitors, past and present, for their dedication and commitment to the College and to the nursing profession. It is through the efforts and dedication of our faculty, alumni and friends that the College will continue to make a difference in the health care of Alabamians.
We invite you to learn more about our Board of Visitors and how you can become involved.