This page will display recent awards and recognitions for the Capstone College of Nursing’s faculty.
- Leigh Tubbs (March 30, 2012). Clinical Enhancement: The iTouch Experience. CIT Faculty Technology Showcase, University of AL.
- Heather Carter-Templeton, Patrick McIntyre, Mangala Krishnamurthy, Alice March, Andrea Sartain, Karen Silliman (March 30, 2012). Embedded Video-Recorded Human Patient Simulation in Informatics Courses. CIT Faculty Technology Showcase, University of AL.
- Undergraduate Research Day
- Jones, E. J., Appel, S. J., Eaves Y. D., Moneyham, L., Oster, R. A., & Ovalle, F. (2012). Cardiometabolic risk, knowledge, risk perception, and self-efficacy among American Indian women with previous gestational diabetes. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing, 41, 246-257.
- Beach, M., Diffie, P., & Cuellar, N. (in press). Caring for the patient with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA): implications for health care providers in post anesthesia. Journal of PostAnesthisia Nursing.
- Akl, E.A., Kairouz, V.F., Sackett, K.M., Erdley, W.S., Mustafa, R., Gabriel, C., Schünemann, H. Educational games for health professionals. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2008, Issue 1. Art. No.: CD006411. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD006411.pub2.
RESEARCH GRANT AWARDED
- March, A. L. (2012). Enhancing Clinical Judgment using Targeted Debriefing. Research Grants Committee, University of Alabama, $5,980.00. Principle Investigator
- Carter-Templeton, H. (May 2012- May 2013). Access of evidence-based information via mobile devices within a rural health clinic ($5996.00). Capstone Rural Health Center, Parrish, AL: The University of Alabama Research Grant Committee.
- Gaskins, S. (2012). Expert Panel on Emerging and Infectious Diseases, American Academy of Nursing.
- Sackett, Kay (2012). Member of the editorial board for the Journal of Nurse Education and Practice (JNEP).
- Collins, A. (2012). Certified in moderate sedation.
- Dr. Melondie Carter was asked by Chancellor Witt to serve on the UA President Search Committee.
Please send any comments, input or feedback to Norma Cuellar, firstname.lastname@example.org.