RN Mobility - Admission
Admission to the RN Mobility Tracks is a two-step process.
Applicants are first considered for admission to The University of Alabama as lower division students. After completion of lower division coursework, students apply for promotion to the upper division (nursing courses) of the curriculum.
A complete listing of required classes is available at the Program of Studies page.
Prospective RN Mobility students are admitted to the lower division once they meet The University of Alabama admission requirements and declare “Educational Opportunity for Registered Nurses” (EORN) as their major on the application. The application for admission is available at http://mybama.ua.edu/apply.html. Please read the following instructions before trying to create the application.
- click on “first time user account creation” link
- create a login ID and PIN
- click on create a new admissions application link
- click on Distance Programs link (5th on the list)
- click on Distance Programs, General Degree Application
College Transcripts should be mailed to:
UA Office of Records
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487
Students may have completed many lower division courses at another institution. Unofficial evaluations of previous academic work are available prior to admission to The University of Alabama. Students interested in such an evaluation should contact:
- Katara Wilson, Mentoring and Recruitment Coordinator, RN Mobility Program, at 800.313.3591 (toll-free), 205.348.8858 (direct), or email@example.com.
- Michelle Cheshire, RN Mobility Coordinator at 800.313.3591 (toll-free), 205.348.6318 (direct), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be admitted to the upper division of nursing, students must submit an application for promotion before enrolling in online nursing classes. To enroll in the full-time plan of study, or the part-time plan of study, RN to BSN students must complete all core courses prior to beginning any nursing courses.