Undergraduate Program - Second Degree Information
The Capstone College of Nursing welcomes students with a baccalaureate degree in another field to pursue a bachelor of science in nursing degree.
The lower division requirements are limited to those which provide a direct base for the upper division nursing courses. See the Program of Studies. Once a student completes these lower division courses, s/he may apply to the upper division. Promotion is a competitive process. Decisions are based upon the following:
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on all lower division courses required for second degree students.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of a 2.75 on all required science courses.
- Completion of or current enrollment in all lower division courses at application deadline.
- Applicants who complete at least one-half of the required lower-division coursework in residence at UA will be given preference.
Application deadlines for promotion:
- March 1 - Summer promotion (Applications will begin to be accepted after January 1 annually for Summer)
- June 1 - Fall promotion (Applications will begin to be accepted after March 15 annually for Fall)
Students may choose to enroll in a summer session(s) to meet requirements and to adjust the program of study to meet individual needs.
For more information, contact:
Office of Nursing Student Services
The University of Alabama
Capstone College of Nursing
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0358