Undergraduate Program - Admissions
Students are admitted to the Capstone College of Nursing when they meet The University of Alabama admission requirements and declare nursing as their major. The application for admission is available at http://apply.ua.edu.
The degree of Bachelor of Science in Nursing requires the completion of the courses presented in the Undergraduate Program of Study. This consists of lower division courses taken during the first 2 years of study and upper division courses that carry an NUR designation taken during the remainder of the course of study.
Promotion to the upper division (nursing courses) occurs after the sophomore year and is competitive. Students applying for promotion must meet all minimum requirements to be considered. These requirements are:
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on required lower division classes.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of a 2.75 on all required science classes.
- Completion of or current enrollment in all lower division courses at application deadline.
- Students who complete at least 32 credit hours of the required lower division coursework in residence at UA will be given preference.
Application deadlines for promotion:
- March 1 - Summer promotion (Applications will begin to be accepted after January 1 annually for Summer)
- June 1 - Fall promotion (Applications will begin to be accepted after March 15 annually for Fall)
Students may choose to enroll in a summer session(s) to meet requirements and to adjust the program of study to meet individual needs.