The Office of Scholarly Affairs at the Capstone College of Nursing supports all external and internal grant submissions and reports directly to the Dean of Nursing. On this website you will find information on current research projects as well as resources to support and facilitate these activities.
Mission and Vision
The Office of Scholarly Affairs supports the overall Mission of the Capstone College of Nursing to promote the health and well-being of the people of the State of Alabama, the nation, and the world through nursing education, research, scholarship, and service and its Vision to be nationally recognized as an innovative and inclusive environment for transforming nursing education, research, scholarship, and service.
- Develop/support faculty in developing all stages of research, including developing a research trajectory and designing and funding research and service projects
- Oversee and support grant proposal development and submission
- Review drafts during preparation and submission of proposals for research, training and program grants
- Provide support for manuscript preparation and submission for publication
- Provide faculty, staff and students with current information regarding funding opportunities, priorities, deadlines, and so forth from federal agencies and foundations
- Ensure resources and information are provided for manuscript writing tools and resources
- Develop and provide organized professional development activities regarding research and grant development based on identified needs
- Seek opportunities for collaboration with other individuals, departments, colleges or institutions and communities relative to research or grants
- Provide reports about scholarly accomplishments
- Support faculty and staff with managing grants and contracts and their budgets
- Advocate on behalf of faculty and staff with central administration regarding grant and/or research related activity
- liaison and administrative support for IRB submission
- Other activities as needed!
Please contact us with any questions you might have or if there is anything we can help you with to submit your grant application successfully.
Dr. T. Robin Bartlett
Associate Dean for Research
Dr. Christina Glenn
Contracts and Grants Specialist