Through membership in the various professional and social student organizations, students studying at the Capstone College of Nursing learn valuable leadership skills, make lasting friendships, and have access to a wide range of support groups.
The National Student Nurse Association (NSNA) is the pre-professional nursing student organization. The state constituent of the NSNA is the Alabama Association of Nursing Students (AANS). The local affiliate at the Capstone College of Nursing is named the Capstone Association of Nursing Students (ANS).
The American Association for Men in Nursing (AAMN) Capstone Chapter provides a framework for nurses, as a group, to meet, to discuss and influence factors, which affect men as nurses. Membership is open to men and women who are students and/or professional nurses. This is a student directed organization.
Nurses Christian Fellowship (NCF) is both a Christian professional organization and a ministry of and for nurses and nursing students. NCF is a ministry of InterVarsity Christian Fellowship.The Purpose of Nurses Christian Fellowship is to establish and advance in nursing, within education and practice, witnessing communities of nursing students and nurses who follow Jesus as Savior and Lord: growing in love for God, God’s Word, God’s people of every ethnicity and culture and God’s purposes in the world.
Sigma Theta Tau is the international honor society of nursing. Membership into Sigma Theta Tau International is by invitation, and induction of new members is held during Honors Week.
- The Capstone College of Nursing Ambassadors are the official student representatives for the College. They represent our top students and are true “ambassadors” for the College, providing service to the College, promoting pride in the College, and communicating information about the College to the public
- The CCN Faculty Organization provides for student membership on the following committees: Undergraduate Education, Graduate Education, Student Life, and Organizational Performance and Strategic Planning.
- CCN Research Society – The purpose of the CCN Research Society is to increase student interest in, and knowledge of, undergraduate research. The ultimate goal is increasing the number of students who develop their own research projects. Students in both lower division and upper division are encouraged to join the club. The research club meets once a month and students can become honor cord eligible. The CCN Research Society continues to work toward recruiting new members and faculty research mentors. If you are an undergraduate student who would like to become involved with the CCN Research Society and would like more information, please email email@example.com or contact Dr. Paige Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Dean’s Advisory Council
- Summer 2021 Internship information