Recommended Mobile Devices and Required Software
Students entering the second semester of Upper Division study at the Capstone College of Nursing are required to own a mobile device, such as a smartphone, to access required software used in their coursework, clinicals and throughout the curriculum.
The Capstone College of Nursing has selected Skyscape as the vendor for the required software. For your convenience and discounted pricing, a portal was created for purchasing the required software bundle at http://www.skyscape.com/bama. The software can also be purchased on campus at The University of Alabama Supply Store at the discounted price. DO NOT PURCHASE THE SOFTWARE FROM THE SKYSCAPE APP! You will not receive the discounted version.
The required software bundle, Skyscape Nursing Constellation Plus™, includes the titles:
- Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses
- Nurse’s Pocket Guide: Diagnoses, Prioritized Interventions, and Rationales
- Diseases and Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutics Manual
- Davis’s Comprehensive Handbook of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests With Nursing Implications
- Taber’s Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary, 21st edition
- International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, Clinical Modification
- Archimedes 360°™ Medical Calculator
- MedAlert – Medical Alerts and Clinical Summaries
- MedStream – Skyscape’s dynamic medical information channels
NOTE: Skyscape’s software will run on various platforms. If a student already owns an Andriod, Blackberry, iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, they may be able to purchase the software for their current device. For more information on supported platforms, go to http://www.skyscape.com/bama.
DO NOT PURCHASE THE SOFTWARE FROM THE APP! You will not receive the discounted version. Skyscape can be purchased from The University of Alabama Supply Store (Supe Store) or online at http://www.skyscape.com/bama for discounted pricing.