- Who is eligible: Students with a current UA GPA of 3.0 from Fall semester 2019, and currently enrolled in Semester III or IV.
- Who should not apply: Students who have commitments that limit their participation in the full eight weeks of the internship including weekends and holidays (e.g.: vacations, participation in weddings).
- Dates: Summer term dates: May 27th – July 31st. Classes for Fall 2020 start: August 19th
- Days of the week: Variable by internship location. Can include Monday – Sunday. The schedule should be available by May 15th.
- Locations: Tuscaloosa and Birmingham hospitals.
- Internship job description: Work in acute care setting under the supervision of faculty and clinical agency nursing staff. You will gain additional clinical experience in all aspects of nursing care.
- Cost: You must be registered for co-op credit hours.
- Co-op cost: Approximately $300.00 for PNU 317. (This consists of 12 hours Co-op credit and grade is recorded as Pass/Fail).
- Paid Positions: 36-40 clock hours per week as nursing student intern at $12.00 per hour.
- Transportation to and from Birmingham: The internship may provide a state vehicle and gas for students who commute to Birmingham.
Applications will be taken until March 2 @ 8:00 AM CDT
To apply, click here (MyBama login required)
Additional questions? Contact Dr. Estes at firstname.lastname@example.org