If you already have the UA CCN version of Respondus LockDown browser installed and have been using it for CCN assessments, you DO NOT need to download the application again. Simply use the Respondus LockDown browser you currently have when taking assessments.
If you do not currently have the UA CCN version of Respondus LockDown browser installed, please click here. IMPORTANT: The version of Respondus LockDown browser compatible with CCN assessments must be downloaded from this link. If you find another download of the application, it will not work with CCN assessments.
Once Respondus LockDown Browser is installed, students should follow these steps to take a BlackBoard Learn assessment that has been set for use with Respondus LockDown Browser:
- Close all programs
- Locate the “Respondus LockDown Browser” shortcut on the Windows desktop and double-click it. (Alternatively, click “Start” in Windows, select “Programs,” select “Respondus,” and then click “Respondus LockDown Browser.”)
• For Windows users, locate the “LockDown Browser” shortcut on the desktop and double-click it. Alternatively, click “Start” in Windows, select “Programs,” select “Respondus,” and then click “Respondus LockDown Browser.”
• For Macintosh users, launch “LockDown Browser” from the Applications folder.
- When the “Choose Server” window appears, please choose the “Blackboard Learn” option. Choosing any other option will prevent access to the assessment.
- Upon starting, the browser will go to the login page for BlackBoard Learn
• A warning message may appear indicating that one or more applications must first be exited, such as an instant messaging application. The browser will offer to close the applications for the user. Alternatively, the browser can be exited and the blocked application can be closed manually before restarting the browser.
- Log into BlackBoard Learn by entering the user ID and Password. Select the appropriate course and then select the assessment.
- Click the “Begin Assessment” button to continue. (Note: the “Begin Assessment” button will be disabled if any browser other than Respondus LockDown Browser is being used. In addition, the following message will be displayed: “You must complete this assessment using the Respondus LockDown Browser.”)
Once an assessment has been started using Respondus LockDown Browser, it will prevent the user from exiting the assessment until the “Finish” button is clicked.